Total online: 1
|KARAOKE> TRANG 2|
- if you get the "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" message, just install the MSVC Runtimes
- The windows version is "for testing only", do not expect that it will work as awesome as the mac right now, this is the first time i've had it available for outside testing. Please ONLY try it if you're willing to help me debug the problems ;) Be sure to read up on what is still left to do!
If the automagical updater that is built into kJams fails for some reason (or you're crashing on startup), it's probably due to a newly introduced bug, which is probably now FIXED in the current version. So just go download the latest version (see above right or see below on this page) and install it manually (replacing the one that was there before). Hopefully from then on the auto-updater will work again. Note: Even tho the version number shown on this page does NOT include the "r" designation, it will always, in fact, link to the very latest "r" build.
Updates to kJams are always free, and they happen frequently. Perhaps one day if I ever get to version 2.0, that will be a paid upgrade.
If there's a brand new release, and you update to it, and it crashes on startup, believe me I already know about it and am working to fix it as you read this. (However, please tell me anyway, the more people that report it, the faster I work). Meanwhile, you can easily Downgrade to the previous version. When you run the downgraded version, do NOT update until there's an even newer version available, which should happen very shortly.
You don't have to buy it to try it out, it's ShareWare! Just go download it (see below). Note that unlike typical ShareWare, I provide FULL tech support and all updates are free. The ShareWare is limited by functionality, not by time, so there is no "expiration". See below for the Limitations.
For instructions on how to purchase, see the section on Purchasing.
Keep in mind this is DEVELOPMENT software, NOT "Release", not "Beta", not even "Alpha", but one stage BEFORE that. (click here for an explanation) That means there ARE bugs (ie: you will likely experience "Asserts" and even crashes), and there ARE performance problems (noteably searching can be s-l-o-w), and not all features are even present! You have been warned.
The Unregistered version is limited in these ways:
- Can't export to QuickTime more than 10 songs
- Can't add more than 3 songs to a any playlist (except for your library)
- Can't rip or play anything other than tracks 1, 2 and 3 on any disc
- Same as lite but:
- Can't add more than 3 singers
- Can't add more than 2 singers to the rotation
- Can't add more than 2 songs to a singer's "Tonight" playlist
- Can't burn more than 2 songs on a disc. Note that even if you purchase the Burning plugin (by itself), in order to burn a disc with more than 3 songs you also must purchase either Lite or Pro, since the tryout version of the application limits the number of songs you can put in a playlist (see above under "Lite"), and you must create a playlist in order to burn your disc.
- Your songs will have red X's in the lyrics of songs you burn to CD+G
There are no other limitations. If something goes wrong in the tryout version, do NOT assume that making the purchase will "fix" it or otherwise make it work, it is either a bug or a misunderstanding. The code is *exactly* the same for the Tryout and the Licensed version, there is no different download. Just download and run, it's up to you if you want to register it. Also, the Pro version *is* the Lite version, just with several more features. If something is wrong with the Lite version, it will also be wrong with the Pro version.
- To rip and/or burn, you'll need a compatible drive.
- For kJams: Any Mac running OS X
10.3.910.4 or better, or Windows XP or better, and QuickTime 7.1 or better.
- For Burning: To burn more than 3 songs you must already have purchased kJams Lite or Pro. Any Mac, and you may need PatchBurn. (You can test burning with a 2 song playlist using unregistered Lite or Pro and unregistered burning plugin, and you SHOULD!)
- For the Producer plugin, same requiremenst as for Burning
- An internet connection (at least temporarily) to the machine on which you plan to purchase and activate a license.
- 2GB RAM if you have < 15,000 songs, Otherwise 4GB
- 10GB free Hard Drive space, Recommend 250GB
- 800MHz PPC CPU, recommend 2 or more Intel CPU at 2GHz each
Licensing and Serial Numbers
Did you read the License Agreement?
- For kJams, You can have 2 activations at a time for ONE person, eg: not you and your wife. For the plugins it is only one activation.
- The Lite version is for home use only. If you are doing public shows, you must purchase a Pro license.
- Licenses and Activations *are* transferrable, just contact me ahead of time.
- WARNING: Activations are tied to your computer. Your serial number may stop working if any of the following happens:
- You replace your startup drive
- You replace your networking card (ethernet)
- Your Operating System makes a major change (eg: going from 10.4 to 10.5 can sometimes cause a deactivation)
- You switch to a different computer.
- If your serial number stops working simply contact me and I'll gladly reset your activations. I usually respond within a couple hours. If you KNOW you're going to upgrade your computer, contact me AHEAD of time so you don't have any down time at all. I will reset your activations any time you ask, forever.
- More info in Serial Numbers
Actual Download Links
Song files to try:
The following does not yet work with Windows (except for LAME)
Encoders for ripping
Get familiar with the current Known Issues.
- ffmpeg for MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 playback (free)
- MPEG2 $20 required for MPEG2 playback, sorry
- Perian for AVI, DivX, FLV, MKV, GVI, VP6, and VFW
- Flip4Mac for KMA and WMA playback
- Unlock all files within a folder (script)
- Crash kJams if kJams is hung but still "responding", this script will force a crash, then you can send the crash report and i'll know what to do!
- NameChanger free tool for batch renaming files in the Finder
Just for Fun
- Crossfade your audio between kJams and iTunes
- Other code for you wild and crazy types.
We are glad to present NEW guitar community service that is a part of our newtwork. Find best quality guitar videos, guitar lessons, tools online, walppapers. Check also for new guitar tabs & audio backing tracks eJamTube.com!
We are working hard on new version of Lyrics4You. Looks to be very interesting. In the meantime we made small changes to Karaoke Mixer. Removed bug for activating function. More stable on recording and mixing. Source files with recorded voice has now additional MP3 file format support.
Lyrics4You version 2.8 released ! Now you can play your CDG+MP3 files with Lyrics4You.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CDG FORMAT
You can also use custom font and colors for PLAYLIST to improve list items visibility. Many other improvements and bugs removed.
Midi4You is NEW small but very useful MIDI converter. It converts your midis to mp3, ogg and wav files. You can adjust mp3 and ogg output file quality. 16 midi channels supported to make changes before conversion. Midi-karaoke lyrics can be exported to LRS, KOK and LRC karaoke formats.
Version 2.8 brings new karaoke format to Lyrics4You. CDG is very popular karaoke format and with corresponding MP3 file it can be played also with Lyrics4You. You can lear more about CDG HERE.
Now for Lyrics4You PLAYLIST you can adjust font name, size and colors to retrieve best possible visibility. Karaoke window now opens automaticaly whenever Lyrics4You find karaoke lyrics or CDG graphics. Many other improvements made and bugs removed.
Karaoke mixer 1.0|
Karaoke Mixer is now available as a standalone application.
You don't need advanced software to mix karaoke background and recorded voice any more. With this great tool mixing Karaoke is very easy. Anyway you can use many advanced settings to improve sound of your voice. You can adjust precisely synchronisation, change independently volume, balance, bass, treble and TONE for both sources. For MIDI source you have full support for MIDI channels. Change its volume, balance and instrument, xwitch channel on and off. For vocal you can even add 4 different audio effects or choose one of 14 sound presets.
Midi4You Converter 1.0|
Midi4You is our new tool, very useful MIDI converter. It converts your midis to mp3, ogg and wav files. You can adjust mp3 and ogg output file quality. 16 midi channels supported to make changes before conversion. Change volume, balance or instrument for each single channel before conversion. Midi or Kar lyrics can be exported to LRS, KOK or LRC v1,v2 Karaoke lyric format.
L4Y Remover 1.5|
L4Y Remover is completely free tool for easy removing L4Y lyrics information written within audio files. Removed lyrics can be saved to standalone *LRS files. It is also great tool for previewing even most detailed presets for current lyrics. Fixed newest version now works with lyrics created with Lyrics4You v 1.5. You can remove or write separately lyrics or graphical settings.